Sunday, November 13, 2005

A New Hope

Well, with my new department, I had very high hopes. I came in with a new group of people and, for a variety of reasons, I thought these guys would be a lot better. For one thing, this project is a lot better to work on -- no selling aspects to it, which attracts better people.

I found myself sitting idly with the new people, working on an e-mail. One loud conversation struck me, and I heard:

"Yeah, this guy was sent to jail for three months for incest. Ridiculous!"

I thought to myself, yeah, that is ridiculous! Sure, I think incest is pretty gross, but as long as you're taking precautions, why should you be stopped if you're consenting adults? Isn't three months in jail pretty excessive for (non-rape, non-pedophilic) sex? It's nice to have another progressive person around here; so many people are enthused with President Bush because he "prays to God", or whatever. Oh, how I felt good to think that maybe some of this new group wouldn't say things like "Democrats made it illegal to pray in school!", because I have to shove my fist in my mouth to avoid saying what I really think.

Then, I heard her finish her statement:

"I can't believe it. It should have been life."

3 Comments:

At Sun Nov 13, 07:00:00 PM 2005, Anonymous vynara said...

I'm with you on this one. Non-rape, non-pedo, responsible sex between two adults. Get a peice of paper signed and they're married. Have the same bloodline and it's incest, and a crime? Ok, apart from the messy details of who's who during family celebrations (meet my sister. who's also my mother. and this is her husband, my father, who's also my lover.)... where exactly is the crime? This taboo against incest occurs not just in the technologically advanced countries, but also the 'tribes' that are closest to our hunter-and-gather ancestors. But why, why, why? *muses*

...Of course, I hope this doesn't sound like a repressed sign of me wanting to sleep with my family members. Hardly.

 
At Thu Dec 01, 09:22:00 PM 2005, Anonymous guile said...

whoa..

 
At Thu Jun 02, 12:09:00 AM 2011, Blogger seocreators said...

wedding photographer cyprus

Its insane, that is what i can say concerning this post. Because this def is what the whole thing is about right? Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home